Chelsea Clinton, first daughter of former President Bill Clinton, is set to marry fiance Marc Mezinsky at a lavish private estate in Rhinebeck, New York on Sunday. The couple has not held back on having the most extravagant wedding New York has yet to see.
Around 500 guests are expected to be in attendance. The couple has also invited some notable figures such as Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Barbra Streisand, Kate Capshaw, Steven Speilberg, Ted Turner, former British Prime Minister John Major and more.
There’s no official word on the dress Chelsea will be wearing on the big day. She has been spotted entering the Vera Wang Midtown Manhattan showroom and has reportedly met with Wang five to 10 times in the past four months. But also has been spotted leaving the Oscar de la Renta office building by tenants several times through recent months.
The NY Daily News estimates the lavish ceremony will cost between $3 to 5 million.
According the NY Daily News some expenses are:
– $600,000 for tents with glass walls and air-conditioning
– $500,000 for floral arrangements and flowers for the wedding party
– $200,000 for the tight security
– $125,000 for the meal and $30,000 for the drinks
– $200,000 for Clinton’s wedding planner who put the fabulous details together
– $25,000 for the dress (which we’re willing to bet actually cost more)
– $15,000 for rented portable bathrooms.